These Baked Fajita Taquitos were a HUGE hit with my family. The bonus is that they are baked & wrapped in Egg Roll Wraps which makes them a bit healthier than the typical Taquito.
Onions are not favored in our home and so they did not make the ingredient list however these Taquitos can be filled with any Mexican favorites of those surrounding the table to partake.
– 3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts;
Cooked & Shredded
– 1 Cup Salsa
– 1/2 Cup Black Beans; Drained & Rinsed
– 1 Cup Shredded Cheese
– Sautéed Bell Peppers (I prepared equivalent to 1 cup)
– 18 Egg Roll Wraps
– Olive Oil Cooking Spray
– Black Pepper
– Optional Garnishes: Sour Cream, Guacamole, Cheese
– Preheat oven to 375*
– Spray baking sheet with Olive Oil Cooking Spray
– Shred Chicken and mix with Salsa
– Fill Egg Roll Wraps with Chicken, Black Beans,
Cheese, and Peppers
– Roll Wraps like Burritos & Wet the edge of wrapper
with water to “seal” it closed, place fold side down
on Baking Sheet
– Spray the tops with Cooking Spray then add Pepper
– Bake at 375* for 30 minutes
After three servings my Husband requested that I keep these Baked Fajita Taquitos on the Meal Rotation at our house. As easy as they are to prepare and as delicious as I think they are how could I disagree? I hope that you find them just as worthy of your family meal rotation.